Accessing the Yahoo Groups Website for Your Group(s)
NOTE: This process was last updated on January 9, 2005.
It is possible Yahoo has made changes since then. If you find that to be the case,
I'd appreciate a note.
As a Yahoo E-mail Group member you can send, receive and reply to Group e-
mail without needing to access the Yahoo Groups web site.
To change your subscribed e-mail address, to read the Group e-mail archive
or to use other features of the Yahoo Groups service, you will need to use
their web site.
The following will help you set up the Yahoo prerequisites to access the
site. It is arranged as a decision tree. When you are told GO TO #, go
right to that step - don't bother reading the skipped information, as you
will probably just find it confusing.
2. Do you have any interest in accessing the Yahoo Groups web site (for any
of the reasons stated above)?
3. Here (between the *** ) is a nutshell summary of what you
need to do to access a Yahoo Groups web site for any particular group. This may
be all you need to know. If not, a step-by-step procedure follows. *** To access
the Yahoo web site for a particular Group, you must have a Yahoo ID, and the address
that is subscribed to the Group must be listed as an alternate address with your
Yahoo ID. *** Want a little more help? Read on. HELPFUL SUGGESTION - PRINT THIS
- 2.1. If NO, you need read no further.
- 2.2. If YES, proceed.
4. Do you already have a Yahoo ID?
5. Your first step will be to establish a Yahoo ID.
6. You have a Yahoo ID, so now
you will use the Yahoo Membership Wizard to locate your groups. Go
to http://groups.yahoo.com/mygroups. You should see a "Welcome" with
your Yahoo ID. Click the "Membership Wizard" link near the bottom of the page.
- 5.1. Log onto the Yahoo Groups web page at http://groups.yahoo.com
- 5.1.1. If Yahoo recognizes you as already a member, they display the
groups to which you already belong. In that case, GO
- 5.1.2. If Yahoo does not recognize you as already a member you will
see an invitation to sign up.
- 5.2. Click on the "Sign up now" link.
- 5.3. You will now be at a screen saying "Create your Yahoo! ID". Fill in
the blanks with the information requested. You choose your own Yahoo ID and
password here. Some other information is required, and some is optional. Decide
for yourself what you want to provide when the choice is optional. IMPORTANT
- here is where you enter the e-mail address which is subscribed to the E-mail
Group. It goes in the entry named "Alternate Email". Be sure
it is a valid address at which you can currently receive mail, as Yahoo will
send you a message here to activate your account. When you have filled in
the blanks, click the button to submit the form.
- 5.4. If all the blanks are filled in properly, the next screen will say
"Registration: Please activate your account", and that a confirmation message
will be sent. Write down your Yahoo ID, password and Alternate E-mail address.
DO THIS NOW! Suggestion - print and save this page.
- 5.5. Click the button "Continue to Yahoo
Group". You now need to wait a while (probably less than an hour) to receive
the email confirmation message noted in 5.4. It will contain a link that you
click to continue the setup process. Click the link and GO
7. You'll see some explanatory information. Click the button to Continue.
8. You'll see a list of the e-mail
addresses that Yahoo knows are associated with this Yahoo ID, and some instructions
specific to your situation. Follow them.
9. You are done. Note that if you belong to multiple Yahoo
E-mail Groups, you can use the Membership Wizard to locate the others and associate
them with multiple Yahoo IDs and/or multiple e-mail addresses if desired.
We welcome your questions, comments or
suggestions. Please feel free to Contact
Note: If clicking the above link does not open a contact
window, please click here.